8 Popular varieties of tables
Tables are among the most popular furniture items used around the world. They comprise of a top surface and two pairs of legs. They are used mainly for keeping objects and dining. Their height generally varies between 18 to 30 inches. Some of the most popular categories of tables are used throughout the world are:
• Dining room tables- These tables are used in dining rooms for consuming meals. They are generally large in terms of height and top surface area in comparison to other tables. They are used during banquets or parties for dining guests. Dining tables can also act as pieces of ornamentation if they are beautifully designed. These tables are made by using high quality wood. You can easily find dining tables and chairs for sale at popular furniture stores.
• Bedroom tables- These tables are used for keeping small objects like glasses, lamps, books and alarm clocks in a bedroom. These tables are smaller in size in comparison to most of the other tables.
• Poker table- These tables are specially constructed for people interested in card games. These tables are available in various shapes like oval, octagonal and round. The surface of these tables is concealed with a Teflon rich fabric known as speed cloth. This special cloth enables the cards to slide along the surface easily. The edges of the table known as rails are raised in order to allow the players to relax their hands. These tables are constructed by using various varieties of wood.
• Coffee tables- These tables are mostly used in front of sofa sets and are meant for placing personal items like books, drinks etc. Coffee tables are generally used in the living rooms of homes.
• Refectory tables- These tables are required where a large number of people have to be seated for a meal. They are generally used at hostels, monasteries etc. In the medieval era they were used by Kings for holding banquets.
• Chess tables- The chess tables are specially meant for those people who enjoy playing chess. These tables can also act as pieces of decoration. They have a chess board engraved on the top surface and have drawers on both the sides to keep the pawns. . In cheaper chess tables, the chess boards are painted on top of the tables. The chess tables are mainly made by using the finest quality mahogany, cedar and rosewood.
• Garden tables- These tables are used in gardens or exterior areas. They are used while having meals outside. In order to make them resistant to sun and rainfall, they are made from plastic.
• Billiards tables- These tables are used for people interested in using cue sports. These tables have a flat surface constructed from mined slate and covered with a cloth. It is bordered by durable rubber items. The various components of the billiards table are cushions, bed, cloth and markings. The billiards tables are generally 75 to 80 cm in height and the playing surface is 2.84 by 1.42 meters. These tables are constructed by using fiberboard, plywood, plastics and other synthetic materials.