6 Questions To Help You Choose A Coffee Table
Furniture in Fashion Blog
Furniture in Fashion Blog
Furniture in Fashion Blog[meta_gallery_carousel slide_to_show="3" autoplay="true"]
So, you are looking for a coffee table. For starters, you should consider these 6 questions to help you choose a perfect piece:
1. What is your room like? Is it cramped? Spacious?
2. What do you need the table to look like? Should it be the star of the room or do you want it to fade into the carpet?
3. Are you looking for portability? In this case, a coffee table with wheels will be a great fit for you.
4. How high is your sofa/ottoman/ recliner? You do not need the desk to tower over the seat peak of the furniture.
5. What style are you going for? Glossy and contemporary? Danish trendy? Shabby sublime? Average? If you’re mixing old and new, consider how the two look together.
6. What kind of sofa do you have? Does your room need more texture? A normal aspect like rough-hewn timber or whatever super-glossy?
Other features to consider
A coffee table can pull an entire living room t ogether. It also offers you a grand spot for favorite books or ornamental pieces. So, before you make your choice, consider some of the following:
Type and dimensions
Height: pick a table that works together with your seating height. Most coffee tables measure from sixteen to twenty inches excessive.
Form: an oblong shape works in most rooms. A rounded desk will create a sense of flow; rectangular presents a bigger floor; however, requires more floor space.
Length — keep your sofa size in mind when determining a desk length. An espresso desk should be from one and a half to two-thirds of a couch it’s positioned in front of.
Wood — a “solid wood” desk approach is usually made of strong boards, even though genuine wood pieces can also be found in stores. “All timber” tables are made from engineered plywood or particleboard. If a desk is veneered, ask the salesperson whether it’s made of quality materials.
A lacquered base is another safe and sturdy example of a coffee table that is also in tune with the latest decoration trends. A costly timber desk will have a great silky finish.
Metallic — if you happen to lean towards a metallic desk or base, decide on chrome steel for its strength and sturdiness. It is available in matte finishes, shiny chrome look, and even tinted metal. The trendiest models this year will feature a golden, warm hue.
Glass — the clear look of a glass coffee table makes it an excellent solution for a compact living room. Tempered glass is an overwhelmingly durable material, which means that glass coffee tables are perfectly safe for you and your family.
Finally, a coffee table is not just a furniture unit that compliments your sofa — it is also an amazing spot for the accessories, pulling an entire living room together. If you would like to make the most out of your brand new coffee table, take a look at the suggestions on how you can stylishly decorate it.